General rules and regulations for all competitions
• If an applicant is under 18 years old, the application form must be signed (endorsed) by a parent or guardian of the applicant.
• Applicant may submit the same repertoire for multiple competitions.
• If you are applying in multiple categories/instruments/competitions, each entry will be considered as a separate application and should be accompanied by a separate application form and separate audition materials.
• No changes of repertoire are allowed after the application is submitted.
• All Application Fees are non-refundable.
• All entries become the sole property of Concert Artists International and will not be returned to the applicant for any reason.
• Entries must be received no later than the Competition Deadline. Concert Artists International reserves the rights to reject any application that is late or incomplete.
• Concert Artists International is not responsible for late, damaged, lost, misdirected, stolen, incomplete, or misappropriated entries.
• One movement of a Sonata or Concerto will be accepted as one piece.
• The submitted video recording should be of the piece the participant is planning to perform in the Winners Concert if selected as a winner.
• Only one piece will be performed at the Winners Recital. A set of different works is not acceptable for the Winners Concert.
• Only original pieces will be accepted for pianists, no easy versions or arrangements.
• Contestants must perform from memory without any repeats (unless it is absolutely required to complete a phrase). Music for the ensembles does not have to be memorized.
• The jury reserves the rights to disqualify entries based on the appropriateness of the content.
• Winners who have chosen not to participate in the Winners Recital for any reason may be disqualified.
• The Certificates will be granted to the performing winners only, after the Winners Recital.
• Each winner will receive an email with detailed winners recital guidelines.
• Each winner will be asked to provide a bio and photo for the program.
• Only ONE piece from the audition repertoire within a time limit will be performed at the Winners Recital.
• Each winner will be competing for live performance prizes with cash awards. These prizes will be awarded at the end of the Winners Concert to exceptionally outstanding performers.
• Only piano accompaniment can be used at the Winners Recital. No acoustic system will be provided.
• Participants must bring their own piano accompanist.
• Concert Artists International does not provide a piano accompanist for the concert, but can provide a list of fine collaborative pianists for the winners.
• All participants are responsible for their own expenses (travel, housing accommodations, etc.).
Judging and Selection
• The decisions of the jury are final and cannot be appealed.
• The final selection of winners will be based solely on the video recordings submitted.
• First Prize Winners may not submit the same audition program for the following season.
• Multiple winners may be chosen in each age category.
• The applications are reviewed and judged separately in each category according to age/grade in school) to ensure fairness.
• Written feedback from accomplished professional musicians and teachers will be emailed to every applicant after the winners have been announced. This is to help all applicants improve their performances, which is something that we feel is very important.
• The panel of judges will be made up of high quality musicians and teachers.
• Their names will not be disclosed until the announcement is made to ensure fairness.
For All Carnegie Hall Performers
• Photo or video recording during the recital is strictly prohibited as per the Carnegie Hall policy.
• A professional photographer will be taking photos of the performers.
• Solo Participant: $380 ($285 Performance Fee + $95 Photo Fee)
• Each Ensemble Participant: $195 Performance Fee + Photo Fee ($95 per ensemble)
Everyone will receive the following:
• professional performance presentation in Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall
• dress rehearsal/sound check time in Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall (optional but recommended)
name and photo appearing on a professionally designed poster displayed at Carnegie Hall
• professionally designed program booklet with each performer's biography and photo
• award certificate
• award plaque/medal
• teacher’s certificate
• up to four complimentary tickets
• set of digital photos taken by a professional photographer (emailed to each participant)
Since our focus is on the performance experience and not just the prize, it is imperative that one "completes" the competition by performing in a winners' concert. Otherwise, the applicant will automatically forfeit his/her prize, and his/her name will not appear on the official winner's list.
Performance/photo fees are non-refundable.
For All Strathmore Mansion Performers
• There is no performance fee.
• Flash photography and videotaping is strictly prohibited.
Concert Artists International Policy
By entering the Competition, an applicant releases and holds Concert Artists International harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Award, participation in the Competition and/or Recital, any breach of the Competition Rules, or in any Award-related activity. The applicant agrees to fully indemnify Concert Artists International from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Competition, without limitation.
Concert Artists International is not responsible cancellations or delays due to malfunctioning of equipment in the venues or inclement weather. Concert Artists International reserves the rights to make changes in the schedule.
By participating in the Competition, an applicant grants to Concert Artists International
the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Competition, in print and media without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Concert Artists International Organizational Committee reserves the rights to make any changes in the rules, regulations and policy.
Copyright © 2016 Concert Artists International, Inc.™ All rights reserved.